Leisure vehicle implications coronavirus devastating the UK
Talking to clients we have the same response they are all on hold and trying to manage as best they can. There are many implications in what has began to implode on the leisure vehicle market, not least for the manufacture of motorhomes/ With many made in Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Slovenia and bound for the UK market.The devestation of the workforce in Spain and Italy is of great concern. Many factories are on shut down and that is now happening in the UK with Auto-Sleeper, Auto Trail, Swift and Elddis closed to review the situation. We have continued to use our own websites to help in key word presentations to dealers and other known contacts. We know that many people are not used to working from home. So, we continue to help as and when we can.
Leisure vehicle implications factories closed
The concerns for the likes of Auto-Trail a major Lincolnshire employer, that has beed reducing the workforce, demonstrates the severity of the problems. The fact remains there has been huge investment from Hymer Group (Germany) and the Trigano Group (French) both invested in the UK via various owned brands will they stay or must cut costs and leave? They are all looking for insperation and we have began that right now. Starting up our availabletoday.com website to help dealers and customers find what is available today. As they say hopefully it will do what it says on the tin. Our motorhomes campervans website continues to provide information on as many topics as possible.
Leisure vehicle implications changing times
The likes of Auto-Trail a major Lincolnshire employer reducing the workforce, demonstrates the severity of the problems. The fact remains there has been huge investment from Hymer Group (Germany) and the Trigano Group (French) both invested in the UK via various owned brands will they stay or must cut costs and leave?
Other worrying facts
- Motorhomes attract customers in the 55 to 75-year-old age group – the virus is affecting clients in that age group
- Travel to Europe a popular attraction now in total meltdown
- Inbound tourists renting a motorhome is now none-existent
- Seasonal trends revolve around Feb and October at the NEC Motorhome show face total cancellations from vendors
- Summer shows are being cancelled this leaves the dealers looking short of sales that they depend on
- Glastonbury Festival attracts huge numbers of rented campervans and motorhomes now cancelled
- Motorhome hire from airport collection to fly drive abroad all on hold
- We have been trawling dealers and other manufacturers, but they are all feeling the affect
- Clearly the virus has affected on all fronts of the business we are involved in.
- Making sure motorhomes are sanitized when on display has become another factor to cope with
- The same applies to customers visiting showrooms and being involved with staff
- With many manufacturers freezing marketing spend we can only hope for better times soon